Growing Old
I was so young, in the old times
I’m growing old, in the present
You age by the years
And that leads you to your old age
Leads you to your old age
You age by the years
And you’re old in the present
I was so young, in the old times
I’m growing old, in the present
You age by the years
That leaves you old
I was so young
I am growing old
Written by: Gentry 2006
-She was 9 years old-
Both Gentry and Caden have always been very aware of the fact that life is fleeting. I'm not sure where it comes from but they have wonderful wisdom in their young souls.
When Caden was three, we were checking out of the grocery store. In line, Caden (who was sitting in the cart) started to cry silently. I looked down at him and asked "what is the matter"? He reached up and touched my check ever so tenderly and said "Mommy, I don't want you to get old". I asked him why and he looked at an elderly woman in front of us. She was white haired with withered skin and slightly bent over. He said "will you be old like that, mommy"? and cried. I explained that I hoped I would but he only cried more because, he said "that means you will die someday".
I will never forget that "Buddha" moment, with an aching heart my child was mourning his mother (me).
1 comment:
I hate that feeling, I get it a lot. Especially with the pets, but with Erin and my parents (who just turned 60) as well.
Post a Comment