Saturday we spent the day at Kirk's parents building a ginger bread house and train. The kids have been doing this with Grandma since they were just little tike's. Usually Aunt Amy is part of the tradition but this year we ended up doing it a bit early. Aunt Amy was missed~ 
This was the first time that Kirk was able to get in on the action and I think that he had as much fun as the kids. I believe next year if he is part of it, we will have to get him his very own to decorate.
Ruth (Grandma) is so thoughtful, she gets the houses/trains assembled and ready to go, so that when the kids get there, they can get right down to the fun stuff.
Here is Gentry's house. She did most of it herself. Daddy helped with the windows and gumdrop roof vents and I helped with the border of trees. It's a family affair for sure.
Here is Caden's awesome train. He whipped this train out in no time flat. For every piece of candy he put on the train, one went into his mouth (typical Caden style).
We even had time to horse around a bit. This is the little horse that Don made for Caden when he was, I think a year, maybe two. He kept taking the corner too sharp and would wipe out. So he had to demonstrate the great abilities he now possesses riding his horse.
We all love the Christmas tradition Grandma started years ago. Mostly though we just like spending time with family.
We had a really nice day celebrating Kirk's birthday (early) as well. We had dinner a Kolbe Steak House (which is always fun). We had a good laugh when they made a spectical of Kirk because it was his birthday celebration. I wish I had my camera. They folded the napkin like a little dutch girl hat and he wore it until they finished singing to him. Then he had to do a shot of (ok get this) cream de mint, grenadean, vodka and orange juice. It looked pretty but left a bit to be desired as far as the taste goes. All and all it was another great day to put down in the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment